Living in Switzerland for her second season overseas, Sabel Moffett has taken notice to some difference in the culture there.
1. All of the stores are closed by 7pm and not open on Sundays.
2. For such a small country, you can drive East to West in 3.5-hours, Switzerland people speak four languages- French, German, Swiss German, and Italian- for such a small country.
3. It is expensive! I believe the most expensive country in Europe, so that took some getting used to. On the plus side, when I go back to the United States, it is like everything is on sale.
4. Getting a bank account is close to impossible being an American. We had to go to 3 banks until my club was able to open an account for me.
5) When living in an apartment in Switzerland you are given a designated “laundry day” and can only do it at this time. This can be a challenge sometimes when you practice 2-3 times a day.
Features on our blog