- Hand sanitizer: I have been raised on hand sanitizer. Ask Futi what he got for Christmas from my family and he will tell you he got hand sanitizer. Especially when traveling, you touch so many things and you don’t always have access to clean water to wash your hands. It’s by far my biggest travel necessity, because nobody wants dirty hands!
- Peanut butter: I’ve traveled to some pretty bad places in regards to what’s offered to eat. Nothing brings you back to your happy place more than some good peanut butter. Everyone has bananas or bread and I always brought a jar of peanut butter to eat as a snack and sometimes help make all of my meals taste better.
- My ‘harry potter bag’: One can never underestimate the value of a good carry on. My teammates made fun of me because sometimes it wouldn’t even hold much, but who wants to carry around their stuff in their back-pack when you can roll it? Lazy, maybe. Genius, more likely. I would suggest a 4-wheel, but a good carry on with wheels can save your back and a few minutes when you are running to make a connecting flight.
- A good book: I love a good book. When we traveled as a team we didn’t have a lot of down time, but on the flight, between practices, or as a way to relax I loved reading. There usually isn’t good TV on while you travel and it usually isn’t in english, so a good book was always a must.
- Noise-Cancelling Headphones: There are some different options, but a good pair of headphones is a must when you travel a lot. It makes a huge difference on those long flights and long bus rides. I debated for a long time about buying my Bose headphones and after having them, I don’t know how I ever lived without them.
Features on our blog