The World Lens app is an absolute must have app for those playing professionally overseas. Not just for on the go travel, but for every simple tasks like choosing a shampoo or new product. How many times have you picked up a bottle trying to look for a sign that it is lotion and not shampoo or were typing in your phone translator trying to decipher through the new products directions?
Well amazing technology should fix it. This app is not new not he market and it is not perfect, but it get the job done and saves time.
Download the app, choose the language to be translated, and watch how it works it’s magic. Warning: it is constantly updating the translation as you move it but you will get the gist of the translation.
Description in the Apple app store:
Get the best quality out of your translations:
– Best used on clearly printed text (e.g. signs, menus).
– Does NOT recognize handwriting or stylized fonts.
– It’s not perfect, but you can get the general meaning!
– Keep text in focus by holding it at least one hand-length away
(or even further for iPod and iPad owners)
– NO NETWORK required – results appear immediately on your video screen when you need it, anywhere in the world.
– Easy to use, like the regular camera.
– Also look up translations by typing them in.
When we heard about this app we had to try it out for ourselves.
This typically would take me 5 minutes to type in my phone if I really wanted to know it’s full translation.
Like we said, the translation isn’t perfect all the time but it get’s the job done.
“Awesome and a bit trippy. It can get a bit funky at times but the tech is absolutely amazing.”
“The translation itself is not perfect or always in context, but it’s translating and replacing text on real-world objects in real-time, so I feel like it gets a bit of a pass. I’d say it’s ideal for when you’re travelling and you aren’t sure about some signage.”
It’s something that you just have to experience for yourself.